This one is so good that I would say: if you want a large-area magnifier to read most of a page, and can't read using this one, then there will be nothing else that will work! You will have to use a more powerful magnifier and revert to reading just one or two words at a time.
(The light has a yellow tint)
LENS SIZE: 70mm X 100mm
READER SIZE: 115x125x85mm (4.5x4.75x3.25in)
BATTERIES: 3 x AA
- click on the picture to see detail of how much text you will see through the lens, and the clarity
- original display box and instructions (these are not copies!), but the box is little scuffed
- brand new, perfect condition, and we test each one before dispatch...and we include the batteries
- these are 'clearance' because they are part of a massive 'job lot' I bought when a large optical company went out of business, I have priced them at 30% less than the cheapest price I could find on the internet. If you wish to buy every item in this 'clearance' section (i.e. all of them, not 'most' of them) then there is additional 10% discount.
We have 4 more models of Schweizer magnifier as 'regular lines', see German magnifiers
Everything you need to know about magnifiers and magnification
See information about (and reviews of) loupes
(small high-power folding jewellers' magnifiers).
See information about (and reviews of) binocular (head-worn) magnifiers
- especially the surgeons-type.
See a guide to magnifiers for the partially-sighted
See loupes with UV lights
Video (electronic) magnifiers, video magnifiers compared
Products: see pocket microscopes and phone microscopes, click here
With most magnifiers* magnification and working distance are related. Download our Excel sheet
, enter a magnification to see the resulting working distance, enter a working distance to see the resulting magnification.
* excluding surgeons-type, digital & phone magnifiers, and microscopes.
Save 20% if you are registered blind or partially-sighted, download a form here.
(will open as a Word document).IMPORTANT
When you check out
and fill in your contact details, tick the box labelled
"Tick this box if you are sending a VAT-exemption form
(it's immediately underneath where you fill in your email address).
This will tell us to wait for the form before we process the order.
WHEN WE RECEIVE THE FORM, WE WILL REMOVE THE VAT FROM THE ORDER
(you can send the form by email or by post).
If you have already sent us a form for a previous order, tick the box - but email to tell us we already have the form, you don't have to fill it in again.
If you tick the box by accident, email to tell us, we will process the original amount, including VAT.