Small table balance, weight in 0.01g steps up to 500g.
Its 0.01g resolution makes it suitable for weighing gemstones (though not quite good enough for diamonds) and
gold; and it's large weighing pan and high capacity (500g is about 16oz) means you can also weigh small silver items - without a doubt the best all-purpose scale.
Large dual display
Instructions printed inside lid (lid can be used as an extra weighing pan).
To read an article about weighing and weighing machines click here.
This weighing machine is not approved for use in trade, it must not be used for buying and selling. For approved scales click here. Features
Stainless steel platform
Calibration weights are included
Large green backlist display with battery indicator. The top display shows the current weight, ignore the bottom display unless you want to use it for accumulative weighing.
Totalise (accumulative weighing): weigh several items one at a time, the weight of each item can be seen on the top display, the total weight (of all the items) can be seen on the bottom display. Without this feature you would have to write down the weight of each item with a pen then add them up which, of course, is too difficult for most people to manage.
Adjustable time for auto-power off, or this feature can be disabled if required.
RESOLUTION / CAPACITY: 500g / 0.01g (500g is about 16oz)
Also switchable to ounces, Troy ounces, pennyweight, carats and grains.
- Troy ounce (ozT) for gold and silver (and was once used for letters and parcels)
- grams, metric. Today everyone weighs gold in grams. But dealers tend to weigh silver in Troy ounces
- ounce (manufacturers call it, "English Ounce", correct term is Ounce Avoirdupois) for food
- Pennyweight (dwt), pre-decimal system, still used in USA
- Carat (ct) for gemstones and diamonds, not to be confused with carat as gold purity)
- Grains, sometimes used for weighing powder for amunition or catalystsClick here
for an online conversion program
OVERALL SIZE 5 X 6 X 1 ½ inches (120 X 65 X 18mm)
SIZE OF WEIGHING PLATFORM: 4¾ X 4¾ inches (100 X 100mm)
POWER: three AA batteries or mains via a USB lead (included)
CALIBRATION: requires two 200g weights - these are included.
PROGRAMABLE AUTO-OFF: the power turns off automatically if the scale isn't used for a while, you can decide if this 'while' is 1mn, 2mns or 3mns. Or you can disable the auto-power-off completely. Click here
for a summary of weights used for weighing gold and silver Click here
for an online conversion program
This scale is guaranteed for 3 years (postage charged after 1 year, proof of purchase required after 2 years).The guarantee excludes:
- flat batteries. New batteries will be charged at £5.00 plus £6.50 for return postage (UK).
- if you lose the battery compartment cover (sorry, we don't have spares)The guarantee is invalid if there is:
- obvious damage, e.g. dents, holes, cracked casing, weighing platform loose.
- signs of 'foreign material'. That's anything that should not be there, e.g. residues of herbs, chemicals, spilt tea , mould from leaking batteries.CALIBRATION
Inaccurate readings can usually be fixed by calibrating the scale, this is something you can do yourself with the calibration weight (supplied). THIS IS NOT A FAULT, all electronic measuring devices need calibrating every now and again, see calibrating weighing machines
. Calibration weights are included, you do not have to buy any.
This weighing machine is not approved for use in trade and should not be used for buying and selling on a value-for-weight basis.
To see legal (approved for use in trade) balances click here.