When you have finished selecting your items and choose "Pay by Card or Paypal", you will be forwarded to the credit card company (or Paypal) to pay. You will never be asked to enter your card details onto THIS (quicktest.co.uk) website, you will pay on the secure website of the credit card company. We never get to see your card details.
IS IT SECURE?
We are PCII compliant that means we meet the strict (and complex!) conditions for accepting cards securely. We do not get to see your card details, only computers see your card details, the computers belong to the credit card / processing companies, they are secure, it is much more secure than giving your card number to a human.
CARD ACCEPTED / CARD DECLINED
If your bank declines your card, you see a message saying that the card has been declined. We will email you to see if you would like to pay using another card or another payment method. We do want to take your money and supply the goods!
Quite independently of your bank accepting or declining the payment, the payment system (Sage Pay) gives a 'Fraud Score'. If the card gets a bad score, this means there is a high statistical probability that there will be a problem with the payment and we are advised not to accept it. This is not a reflection on any individual, it is merely the result of computers analysing dozens of risk factors.
We do not see these 'risk factors', we cannot tell you why your card has 'failed security' but there are some things you can do to help. When you order, ensure the billing address is that of the cardholder. It also helps (but is not essential) if the name matches the address on the electoral roll and the telephone number is a landline number that can be verified.
DELIVERY ADDRESS AND CARDHOLDER'S ADDRESS
All credit card companies insist that the goods are sent to the address at which the card is registered. This can be the billing address (if that is where we are sending the goods) or it can be a separate delivery address (if required). However, it is POSSIBLE for us to send the parcel anywhere. With this in mind, we have made three exceptions to the 'must deliver to cardholder's address' rule:
- where the goods are obvious trade items (e.g. a tester refill) and the delivery address is an obvious trade address (a jewellery shop, an antiques shop, a pawnbrokers) .
- where the delivery address is a shop that is part of a 'chain' we already deal with, and usually they order from Head Office, but on this occasion it's quicker for the manager to order, using his own card, which is registered to his home address. Providing the delivery address is a branch that is on our list, we won't ask any questions, we'll just send the goods to the business address.
- any order to anyone if the order value is nominal (£20.00 or less).
Tip: If there is a problem we will need to contact you, so please ensure you have access to your telephone / email.
POST-FREE IF YOU PAY BY BANK TRANSFER AND SPEND MORE THAN £100
1) Order online from this website. When you check out, select the payment method, "Bank Transfer". The total will include postage.
2) Transfer the money to: Sort Code 400409. Account 11131397. Don't forget to deduct the postage! Alternatively, wait for a human to send you our bank details along with the amended (no postage) order.
If you have problems, don't struggle, call 01923 220206 during office hours, give us the order number from the automatic email acknowledgment, pay by card over the phone...including postage (because this offer is only for online payments).
3) Find the automatic email acknowledgment you received when you placed the order, click REPLY, type "Paid by bank transfer", click SEND.
TIP: if the name of your bank account is different from the name you used to place the order, you must TELL us, otherwise we won't know the payment is from you.
EXCLUDES CHEMICALS (testing acids) - these must be sent using a special chemical service, which is very expensive.
Payment must be by bank transfer (internet banking or telephone banking) and the amount you are transferring must be at least £100.00.
Orders must be placed on the website, this offer is not applicable to telephone or email orders.
Delivery is 3 to 5 days, there is no free postage on our Next Day Delivery service.
The postage is not retrospective, that means you cannot pay for postage then get a refund.
Excludes chemicals sent to Highlands and Islands + some TR, CA and LA postcodes.